Friday, June 24, 2005

SUPPLEMENT PRODUCT EVALUATION

This is an introduction to new products that I believe are very helpful to athletes. I will attempt to present the scientific side on why an athlete would want to use these products and when to use them. Understanding as much as possible will always benefit all parties involved and eliminate any possibility of questioning their use. The number one reason for failure of a patient in a medical setting to improve is patient involvement. If the patient doesn't follow the protocol laid out by the practitioner, then the patient won't improve. If the coach looks at the athlete in those same terms, then the same below expectation or even poor results will occur.
The products will cover anything and everything that could help enhance sports performance. I will not talk about products that are illegal or products that are legal in other countries that are yet to be evaluated by legal entities in the U.S. I won't answer any questions in these areas so don't bother to ask me. This will potentially be the most interseting aspect of my blog.
As always if you have any questions in this area, I can be reached at acudave@yahoo.com.